Famous thai TV actor, Tono - Phakin Khamwilaisak as an ambassador for One Man & The Sea program is calling for your attention to marine ecosystem. In order to raise an awareness among the public, he challenges himself with a long-distance swimming across 12 islands between Suratthani province and Samui Island, with a total distance of 82 kilometers.
Duration 4 เดือน Area Thailand
Current donation amount3,198,633 THB
In this occasion, he is calling for public’s donation for Sireetarn Marine Endangered Animals Rescue Center in Phuket, Marine and Coastal Resources Research and Development Center in Rayong province and Sea Turtle Conservation Center on Man Nai Island as well as other hospitals along the coast (see map). For more information and updates:
#OneManAndTheSea #หนึ่งคนว่ายหลายคนช่วย #โลกเปลี่ยนได้เริ่มที่เรา #เก็บรักษ์
"I alone cannot make it perfect, but with all your help, I am hoping that Thailand will be on the Top 10 cleanest countries in the world.” - Tono - Phakin Khamwilaisak -
What are the purposes of this program?
• To raise awareness of coral conservation and marine ecosystem in the Andaman sea and the Thai Gulf.
• To raise awareness of toxic and plastic garbage affecting marine ecosystem and marine animals
• To educate public on proper waste management and separation
• To raise funding for the following institutions:
- Sireetarn Marine Endangered Animals Rescue Center in Phuket,
- Marine and Coastal Resources Research and Development Center in Rayong province
- Sea Turtle Conservation Center on Man Nai Island
- Sea Turtle Conservation Center, Sattahip, Chon Buri province
- Sea Turtle Conservation Center, Phang-Nga Navy Base o
- Other hospitals along the coast
1. “One Man And The Sea” press conference on 28th January 2020 at Quartier Gallery, M Floor, The Em Quartier shopping center
2. Swimming challenge by Tono - Phakin Khamwilaisak, starting from Don Sak pier via Ang-Thong islands to Samui island (18 days duration, between 19th March to 5th April, 2020)
3.Beach cleaning activities .
4. Educational programs about marine ecosystem
5. Donations for this program will be given to institutions mentioned earlier.