Creative Waste Management Education
Khun Foundation realizes the challenge in waste management and trash separation therefore the foundation initiates the program to introduce the 3Rs trash separation system using creative learning method through story-telling and puppet performance in 40 schools in Bangkok.
Duration 1 ปี Area ทั่วประเทศ
Current donation amount890,420 THB
Did you know that there were more than 27.8 million tons of garbage including toxic waste in 2018 and 17% of these amount were from Bangkok. Around 27% of the waste were not disposed properly which result in harmful substances being released to the ocean, causing loss of marine lives.
In the last 2 years, the Khun Foundation together with renowned actor, Kong-Saharat Sangkapreecha have produced 4 educative video-clips about waste management and separation. The video clips aim to educate children and teenagers aged between 3-12 years old with the 3Rs waste management concept. 3 Rs stand for: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Information about the program
1. Creation of children’s story “Little whale who has stomachache”. The story invites children to act like a little detective to find out why the little whale has stomachache and how to save the animal.
2. Creation of puppets and the show program to be implemented in the participating schools. The program aims to educate children about waste management.
3. Press Conference about the waste management education program among primary school students was organized on 29th January 2020 at the Siam Square One (BTS Siam Square)
4. Children’s story with puppet show will be presented in 40 schools in Bangkok between May and June 2020 (more schools will be added to the tour if the initiative is successful).
1. School students aged between 3 – 12 years old are equipped with 3Rs waste management knowledge (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle)
2. Tangible education tools about waste management being developed and shared among schools and parents.
|1.หนังสือนิทาน เล่มละ 24.50 บาท||10,000 เล่ม||245,000|
|2.นำนิทานและ Puppet Show เข้าไปสอนโรงเรียนทั่วกรุงเทพมหานคร โรงละ 25,000 บาท||40 โรงเรียน||1,000,000|