New Year’s Gift for chronically ill children
Let’s bring some delights for chronically ill children at 9 hospitals in Bangkok. Your support will contribute to buying 1,460 New Year’s gift for them.
Duration 4 months Area bangkok
Current donation amount144,540 THB
Being children, they love to play, they want to run freely and enjoy the sun. How sad would it be for them to spend one of the most festive seasons of the year in a hospital? Many of chronically ill children are prone to the Emotional Deprivation Syndrome due to long-term stay at the hospital without seeing their friends or family that often. Many of them later develop aggressiveness or phobia of medical procedures and staffs when they finally return home.
This project aims to bring joy to the hospitals by organizing recreational activities, lucky draw games and many more.
Your support will be spent on purchase of 1,460 items as gifts for the patients such as stuffed dolls, skill development toys and other necessary consumer goods.
Recreational activities and interactive games such as singing, playing musical instruments, balloon twisting show, quiz and many more.
DIY New Year’s cards In-Person visits to the hospital
9 Hospitals/Medical Centers in the visit schedule
- Phramongkutklao Hospital
- Ramathibodi Hospital
- Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health
- Panyananthaphikku Chonprathan Medical Center
- Thammasat University Hospital
- Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital
- Rajavithi Hospital
- Chulabhorn Hospital
- Police General Hospital
Target outcome of the project
- Chronically ill children at target hospitals and medical centers receive New Year’s gifts and participate in the recreational activities.
- Better relationship among parents, child patients and medical staffs.
- General public and volunteer staffs have a better understanding about the social issues through direct exposure.